September 14, 2008

Fresh Fruit Salad with Vanilla Honey Dressing



Around here, our fruit eating is most often times simply out of hand. Wash it well, cut it up into bite sized pieces and eat. For my family that's really one of the most enjoyable ways. Fresh, good quality fruit doesn't need anything added to it to be fantastic. But there are those times when you crave something more. This simple fruit salad hit the spot for my family this past week. I bought whatever fruit looked good at the market and finished it with an easy vanilla yogurt and honey dressing.



There is really isn't any set "recipe" for this. Just put whatever strikes your fancy into your salad. For this one I used seedless red grapes, strawberries, blackberries, nectarines, and blueberries. The dressing isn't much of a set recipe either. Vanilla yogurt, honey to taste, a smidgen of cinnamon. That's it. Simple but delicious and decadent enough to satisfy the fiercest sweet tooth.

6 comments:

  1. I love fresh fruit and we're trying to figure out what to do with some of our extra berries. I might just have to give this a shot. Also, wanted to let you know I added you to the blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel... thanks :) And really, you should try the yogurt dressing... so so good. Simple, but yummy! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, Iv never tried fruit with yogurt but my late grandma taught me to eat not-so-sweet papaya with sweet condensed milk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farina....ohhh that sounds yummy too. Might have to try that some time :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! looks great! Realy nice photography. And the yogurt-honey dressing is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ChaosX... why thank you for such the high compliment :) *kisses*

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for visiting my kitchen blog. I'm always interested in hearing your ideas, suggestions, and thoughts so please feel free to speak your mind. I try my best to personally respond to all comments, so if you have a question, check back here or enable the "Subscribe by email" option when you leave your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...