September 20, 2008

Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts


We love Brussels sprouts and this simple and easy way serve them is always a hit. As with any vegetable roasting, make sure you're using a good quality Olive Oil. I believe the quality of the oil makes all the difference in the taste. I've found that people who aren't really too fond of Brussels sprouts will often times like them prepared in this way. A couple of things you can add for a little zip- a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan right before serving... or even add a bit of Cayenne pepper to the mix when you coat the sprouts with the oil. Delicious.

Ingredients:
2 pounds Brussels sprouts
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Method:
Preheated oven 400* F.

Cut off the dry ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any damaged leaves. Rinse well in cold water. Dry the sprouts well. Cut in half lengthwise. In a bowl, gently mix the sprouts with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Lay them out on a foil lined baking pan and roast for 30- 40 minutes, until crispy browned on the outside and tender inside. Serve immediately.

Serves 4-6

16 comments:

  1. Looks like we were both in a roasting mood :)

    These look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. This would be a good Thanksgiving side dish. And quick, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olga... I think it's that Autumn thing again. The cooler weather just makes you want that sort of food. Yours looked so amazing that I'm *still* thinking about it :)

    Tomato Lady... I use it for Thanksgiving, in fact... and it's always a hit. Thank you for coming around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is always such a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the best way in the whole world to make brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK. I'm trying this one. Brussel sprouts are a favorite in our house and this is my favorite sort of recipe - no fuss! If anyone's interested here are two French Brussel Sprouts Recipe -- one has chestnuts in it -- good combination with the sprouts. A bientot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saturday night I made your brussel sprouts. We LOVE brussel sprouts. I have a confession to make: I got carried away making other things and then had a phone call and I FORGOT ABOUT THEM! They were actually good. Crunchy and crisp and salty, but very good. I'm going to do them again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic! I gotta find some brussel sprouts here so that I can make this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cynthia... thanks :) they are really good... if only all veggies could be so good do easily!

    Michele... agreed! And what a great site you have.. love it :)

    bricogirl... thanks for the comment and the recipes, looks delish!

    Debbie... heh, I've done it too. I happen to like them crispy, so I'll bet they were wonderful :)

    noobcook... thanks! Loved your 24 24 24 btw... goos stuff there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Autumn Jo! ;)

    Iv never had brussel sprouts until I came to the US and just love them. However, iv never cook them myself. Yours looks and sounds easy to make. Gonna bookmark this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Farina... I am so glad you enjoyed them :) You should try the asparagus too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A few swipes of freshly grated parmesan over the top right before serving is my favorite way to present this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. michelle... indeed. I've often times served these with freshly grated Parmesan, as well as with some balsamic. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. made these for a snack today, in fact, i am eating these as i leave my comment, and i have to tell you these are delicious as is - crunchy with substance. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Taylor (aka Miss GLTC)... yay! I am so glad you enjoyed these! Nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by and letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made these tonight! Thank you so much! Perfect recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for visiting my kitchen blog. I'm always interested in hearing your ideas, suggestions, and thoughts so please feel free to speak your mind. I try my best to personally respond to all comments, so if you have a question, check back here or enable the "Subscribe by email" option when you leave your comment.