March 10, 2010

Orange Honey Mustard Glazed Corned Beef



Can you believe it's almost time for St.Patrick's day?! I am so glad it is though, because for me it's one of the first signs of Spring! And believe me, after all the snow we've had this Winter I am MORE than ready! :)

This is a little different way to prepare your corned beef and I think the glaze really makes it something special. I love to serve this with my "Smashed Potatoes with Spinach". Follow the link to see the recipe. You don't have to use spinach with these mashed 'taters either... as you'll see, you can use a variety of vegetables to dress them up. For St.Patrick's day cabbage (colcannon style) or peas (champ style) would be great!

How does your family celebrate St. Paddy's day?


Ingredients:
2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound corned beef brisket
1 Tablespoon orange juice concentrate (thawed)
2 Tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Method:
1: Preheat over to 350* F.

2: In a small bowl, combine the thawed orange juice concentrate, honey and Dijon mustard to make a glaze. Set aside.

3: In a Dutch oven, place corned beef and add the enclosed spice packet. Cover the meat completely with water. Cover tightly with a lid and simmer in the oven at 350* F for 2 1/2 hours.

4: Remove the brisket and transfer to a shallow baking or broiling pan.
Cover the brisket with the glaze and broil 2-3 minutes until it starts to caramelize. Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing.

Serves 6-8

Kitchen Notes: Always slice corned beef thinly and across the grain. This makes for a much more tender piece for your guests. Leftovers are great made into hash for breakfast or used for reuben sandwiches! Yum!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen a glaze on corned beef before. It sounds fantastic! I'm totally trying it next time I make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mustard, honey and beef wonderful combo...love everything glazed...looks magnificent!

    Cheers,

    Gera

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try it!! and those smashed potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. great flavor combo! the meat looks so tender and juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sylvia... thank you! It was so good :)

    Bob... great! I hope you enjoy it :) Thanks!

    Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog.... thank you Gers! *hug*

    The Food Hunter.... I hope you enjoy! Thanks :)

    Olga @ MangoTomato... it was so yummy! And very tender :) Thanks Olga!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for visiting my kitchen blog. I'm always interested in hearing your ideas, suggestions, and thoughts so please feel free to speak your mind. I try my best to personally respond to all comments, so if you have a question, check back here or enable the "Subscribe by email" option when you leave your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...