What are some of your favorite Fall foods? Is there any recipes you wait excitedly for each year as the leaves start to turn and the days get shorter?
I have an amazing recipe to share with you today from a wonderful fellow food blogger. I hope you'll try this delicious dish with your family soon... I know they will love it!
Savory Corn Crumble with Butternut Squash, Spinach and Feta, recipe by Ivy Liacopoulou of Kopiaste…to Greek Hospitality
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 baking dish (about 12 pieces)
- 2 lbs butternut Squash, grated
- 1 lbs spinach, squeezed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lbs feta, crumbled
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup fennel fronds, finely chopped
- Salt (with caution) and freshly grated black pepper
- A pinch of cumin
- 1.5 lbs corn meal
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml Greek yogurt 2%
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine divided (to grease the baking tin and to add on top)
- Grate the pumpkin and mix all the filling ingredients.
- In a large bowl add the crumble ingredients and mix using your hand until the ingredients are well blended to form the crumble. If you still see corn meal, add more olive oil, if necessary.
- Grease a 35 x 25 cm baking tin with 2 tbsp margarine. Add half of the crumble on the baking tin.
- Add the filling on top and sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the filling.
- Add the remaining margarine in small pieces scattered all over the baking tin.
- Preheat oven to 180o C / 350o F and bake for about 1 hour or until the crumble is golden on top.
This sponsorship is brought to you by GLAM Media who we have partnered with for this promotion.